Today I was honored to give the keynote at http://2011.drupalcampct.org/ up at Yale University. Like most of my talks, this was a mind dump of thoughts have been simmering in my head for a while. Below is a (very) brief synopsis of the talk. Please find my mind map attached below.
- Your reputation is the most important thing that you have in our development community
- If you are not allocating human resources for Project Management, you cannot say that you have ethical business practices
- Clients want software engineering (results) not Computer Science (theory)
- Get the right person for the right job
- The most important thing you can do is contribute back to the project.